25 March 2013

Wisconsin Gene-A-Rama here I come!

I just finished two great seminar weekends. The first was March 16th with the Dallas Genealogical Society and on the 23d  with the Conejo Valley [CA] Genealogical Society. It's always tough to leave the places where I present the seminars and have spent time renewing old friendships and meeting new friends. It was even tougher for me because the weather in both these places was perfect and since Spring has been ignoring Minnesota, it was tough to leave the sunshine.

I hear that Spring is actually making baby steps toward Minnesota and Wisconsin and I am happy that I will be back in Wisconsin for Gene-A-Rama at the Plaza Hotel & Suites in Wausau on April 5 & 6. Wisconsin Genealogical Society events are always fun. I will be presenting four regular lectures:

  • Organizing Your Genealogical Materials: Methods to Keep it Current.
  • Your Anytime Library: Success in the Virtual Stacks
  • NUCMC & Its Cousins: Key to “Lost” Ancestral Records
  • What Next? Developing Research Plans
On Friday evening I am the banquet speaker and will present "Prepared! Of Course! Genealogical Research Trips & Murphy’s Law!" It's a lighthearted look at research trips but with several messages to help us all with our trips.

I think that all my Wisconsin ancestors from Douglas, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Jefferson, Waukesha, and Winnebago counties and the cousins in many other counties will be supporting me that weekend. Now if they would just tell when my Scottish paternal Great Great Grandmother Helenor (Edwards) Stuart's brother James Edwards and wife Elizabeth Cowie died I will be so happy. The last trace of them I have is in Omro (1880 census). Oh, they also need to tell me why my maternal French-Canadian Great Great Grandfather Arsene Daoust (Samuel Dow) ended up in Superior with small children and no wife. Did Georgina Margretta Reinhardt die in Quebec (Montreal or Rawdon) or on the way to Superior? I don't ask for much.

To view the full program for the two days click here.



No comments: