06 May 2012

Librarian from the Library of Congress to speak in Northfield, Minnesota

I wish I could attend this presentation down in Northfield, Minnesota at Carleton College. Hopefully some of my blog readers will attend. If you feel like sharing about this event, I'd be happy to publish it on this blog and give you full credit.

"Mark Dimunation, Chief of the Rare Book and Special Collections Division of the Library of Congress, will give a talk on digitizing library materials. His presentation, entitled “Living with the Real Thing: From the Original to the Digital,” will take place at 4:30 p.m. on Thurs., May 10 in the Carleton College Boliou Hall, Room 141. This event is free and open to the public."

Dimunation is a graduate of Carleton's St. Olaf College. Read more about him and the presentation in Carleton News. http://apps.carleton.edu/news/news/?story_id=841544

1 comment:

Harold Henderson said...

Paula, I too would love to hear this talk, but knowing right where Boliou Hall is won't help me get there.

However, let me save you from Lutheran wrath! St. Olaf is *not* a part of Carleton nor vice versa. They coexist on opposite sides of Northfield. I believe I was a Carleton senior before I ever set foot on the St. Olaf campus ;-)