- Are any area cemeteries or historical societies sponsoring cemetery history walks?
- Check to see what computer related classes might be offered a public library.
- Is there a museum that is only open in the summer?
- In Litchfield, Connecticut, the historical society is offering historical walking tours http://www.registercitizen.com/articles/2011/07/05/news/doc4e13e01056fef255876732.txt
- Attend the August Swiss Wine Festival in Vevay, Indiana http://www.swisswinefestival.org/
- Be part of Irish Fest in Milwaukee http://www.irishfest.com/
12 July 2011
Vacation on a budget
Are you getting some "wish you were here" postcards or watching your neighbors hook up the boat and trailer and feeling like you are missing out on some vacation time? Many genealogists interpret vacation as going somewhere to research, attend a conference or institute or order a bunch of birth and death certificates. How about a few ideas for something to do that is different from your everyday life and yet have a history, genealogy, technology, or family connection? I recently received a post card from Germany where my oldest granddaughter was on an exchange program. It's not possible budget or time wise for me to go to Germany so I will be taking the three youngest grandchildren to visit Germany in Minnesota -- New Ulm in Brown County.